Saturday, February 17, 2007

"The past is gone but something might be found to take it's place, hey jealousy"

Keith just left. He took Braden and a couple of friends to a Lacrosse game in Philadelphia. They'll be gone from now until about midnight. I have big plans. I'm going to mop the kitchen floor, make supper for me and JJ, then sit on my ass on the sofa. Woo hoo! I know how to live.

I'm starting to hate other families. Other mothers with kids, especially. At the grocery store I see them all smiley and happy. "Honey, what kind of fruit snacks should we get?" Shut the fuck up, I want to yell. But I just smile their way. The other day, I was at the bookstore and this man told his little girl, I'd guess about three or four, that she could pick out a book. She was looking around, all cute with her hair combed and matching barrettes, but couldn't decide between two books. "Can I get both, daddy?" "I don't know, sweetie. We'll see. Now daddy wants to go pick out his book." "I know," she said, "how bout if I don't get on your nerves while you're looking, I can get both." "Deal," he answered. I wanted to smack them both. Actually, I wanted to smack them both, then kick the little girl. How dare they have a normal happy life? I hate my brother for having a perfect daughter. I hate Tracee for playing in the snow with her kids. Hate hate hate.

This is what my life has come to, mopping and hating.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Women need to feel useful Schell, After you mop you should also vacuum the entire house . Clean out the refrigerator . Scrub all the toilets till they sparkle . Bring the cars to a car wash with JJ and get them all washed. Lets see , what else ? Oh yeah , change all the bed linen . Make sure all the laundry is done , clean out the kitchen cabinets and the pantry . That will do , then go to bed and in the morning tune up the lawn mower ( springs coming ) and go to church and pray for better times , and I'm out of here on that note , Sleep tight , allan

schell said...

You're a little too late. I've already vacuumed the whole house, cleaned out the frig, done all the laundry. I scrubbed the toilets yesterday, and changed the bed linens on Thursday. Pantry and cabinets were cleaned out on Wednesday. The only thing I didn't do was wash the car, and it's too cold for that.

The Broards said...

Schell,
you're adorable and smart and talented and EDGY with a cute ass brother and a darling tea-drinking mother!

Stop all that fucking cleaning--you're making me feel guilty

Anonymous said...

Tracee loves that you hate her. You just made her day. She will make her husband read your blog today.

Brenda said...

schell. don't beat yourself up over this. why don't you go and talk to someone who can help you work through this? maybe that way you can understand better what braden is going through and how you can better deal with it. it is going to be a pretty shitty life if you feel the way you are feeling now for the rest of your life.

Anonymous said...

You and Britters need to get together and write a book.

Anonymous said...

Schell looks better than me and she is years older than me and I hate her for that. She's definitely what one would consider a MILF (not me, I'm straight - no offense, Schell). - blu

Anonymous said...

I hate perfect families too , some days I want to break into the tv set and throttle those happy little bastards shovelling cornflakes without sugar into their mouths while drinking milk and asking mum for halthy snacks in their sandwich boxes . they should all die horribly of a surfiet of smugness

Roger said...

Dearest Schell, I have nothing either witty or wise to add. Let me just say that you are definitely in my thoughts & prayers.

R

Anonymous said...

alright, you wanna talk jealousy?

I am in a jealous rage that Michelle is not jealous of me. I am, after all, her younger, much prettier and buxom sister. I, luckily, have not inherited my good looks from our slothful tea drinking mother!

I think someone asked who sang those lyrics, if I am not mistaken it is the gin blossoms

I really have no pearls of wisdom for ya Michelle, that I haven't already said. Like I said, if ya need to call, just to vent feel free. I'll know it is you just from the screaming or sobbing

signed,

the sibling with the looks

schell said...

Pay no attention to the imposter. One look at a family portrait, and it's obvious I have no good-looking sibling.

Sonya said...

Natalie Merchant, not the Gin Blossoms.

Sonya said...

I think I'm wrong.

Bert Bananas said...

If loving you is wrong, I don't want to be a gin blossom...