Sunday, November 12, 2006

"The wheels on the bus go round and round"

Keith was away on a work trip all week, so my week was kind of hectic. Not that I missed him or anything, but I was the one that had to do all the running, picking up of kids, etc. Most nights, we didn't eat dinner until 8:00.
JJ went on a home visit to his aunt's this weekend. We took him to the bus station at 5:30 Friday night, and he didn't get to Philly until after 10:00. Philly is only an hour and a half away. Poor kid. Sitting on a bus with a bunch of strangers all that time. At least he got a seat this time. Last time he went, he had to stand the whole way.
A few weeks ago we bought a used go-kart for the kids. It's a two seater, so Braden and JJ can both ride. We were having a problem getting it started, so we took it to a dealer to be fixed. Finally, we got it back this week. The kids are really enjoying it. They took me for a ride the other night, and they really enjoyed scaring the crap out of me by taking quick corners and dodging trees at the last minute. Then, they drove it right through this huge mud puddle. I was wet up to my waist, mud splattered all over my face, leaves stuck in my hair...I was screaming and laughing at the same time. I probably haven't been muddy in over 30 years. Braden and JJ thought it was hysterical that they got me all wet and dirty.
I went to a surprise 40th birthday party last night, and met a woman who is quite an accomplished seamstress. An accomplished seamstress that's retired, looking for projects to do and has a basement full of fabric. I'm going to have her make me an ottoman cover and some dining chair slip covers. And, maybe I won't stop there.
I'm having a Tastefully Simple party here this afternoon. If you've never been to one, it's all things you'd use to cook/entertain. All food products. Dip mixes, marinades, drinks, etc. I love the stuff. Hopefully a lot of people will order and I'll earn tons of free stuff.
JJ has basketball tryouts this week, and Braden doesn't have anything going. I have a Jewelry party to go to on Thursday night. Other than that, we have a week that should be pretty calm.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"they got me all wet and dirty."

I'd like to get you all wet and dirty...

UrbanStarGazer said...

Heh . . . sounds like you guys had fun.

Anonymous said...

uh...riding ina go kart with a teen aged boy driving wasn't dangerous enough???

schell said...

that's what I was thinking, Rosa

Anonymous said...

Hey Schell, can we have an update on how things are going with the other young man that you are thinking of sponsoring? Robert, I believe?