Saturday, November 04, 2006

"Play that funky music white boy"

I've really got nothing exciting to report, so you can skip this post if you want.

Trick or Treat was Tuesday night. Braden dressed up as a pimp - I wanted to post some pictures, but none of my batteries are charged enough to download from my camera. JJ said he was too old to go (which I agreed with), so he hid on the porch and scared the crap out of kids when they reached for the candy. Also, he inadvertantly scared some of the parents - even though they didn't say anything - I could see the look on their faces, "Oh my God, a black person!"
The first marking period is over, and I'm not sure what JJ's grades are going to be, but Braden is winding up with an A, a C and the rest B's. Not too bad considering he missed a few homework assigments because I refuse to fight with him over them anymore.
JJ has his last football game on Monday, then he gets a week off, then there's basketball tryouts. He's made quite a few friends on the football team and hopefully he'll make even more playing basketball. He said to me the other week, "Miss, I never thought I'd have so many white friends." At one of his football games, he was on the line of scrimmage, and on the other team, right across from him, was a Puerto Rican kid that went to Second Chance with JJ. The kid said, "What are you doing playing ball with all these white boys?" JJ said Nazareth's whole line of scrimmage was lauging so hard, the almost got a flag for moving before they were supposed to (I'm sure there's a football term for that, but I don't have any idea what it would be). Behaviorally, he's doing really well at school, and has moved up to the silver level-if he does good for the next marking period, they'll send him to our regular high school.
Braden's still sticking with scouts, although it's getting harder and harder to keep him interested. There's only a couple of kids his age still in it, and he's always looking for excuses not to go. Last week, he wanted to stay home and study for a test - so you know it's bad.
I have a training for school to go to this week. I'll be out of the building Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. It couldn't come at a worse time, as all the grades and such have to be in this week. I'm on the school's SAP team, and it's an official SAP training, so I have to go. At least I get to sleep a half an hour later.
That's about all I have to offer. Pretty slim pickings.

8 comments:

UrbanStarGazer said...

Nice story. So, JJ still calls you "Miss"?

Anonymous said...

next time, when you have nothing to post, talk about boobs again, that was kind of good

Anonymous said...

You know those grades of Braden's aren't at all bad.

Anonymous said...

I love this post. It's better than pillow talk.

The Broards said...

I could see the look on their faces, "Oh my God, a black person!"



lol

The Broards said...

Schell's utopia=no sex with Keith

schell said...

Emma - BINGO!
Blt - we never refer to JJ as a black person...I was just reading the looks on people's faces. Around here, they don't see too many non-whites.
And, another thing, there's no way you can guarantee that there are plenty of parents around here that wouldn't even let JJ get close enough to see if JJ was a nice person or not.

Anonymous said...

Schell, how about us doing a reality show in your home, we could call it "the ghet-OC" a mix between the oc and that show with gary coleman and willis, get back to me