Thursday, August 10, 2006

I don't know, I never should have started this lyric thing!

JJ's all registered for school. He's signed up for football, and has had his physical. He's 5'10" and 175 lbs. That sounds like a man, not a 14 year old. He's really doing well adjusting here...hanging out with the neighbor kids, doing chores around the house, he even called Keith "dad" a couple of times last week - which Keith eats up and gloats about later.

I have had neighbor kids here nearly constantly for the last month of so. About seven kids, aging in range from 12 to 16. Boy can they eat! I don't mind, I kind of like having them all hang around here. Except for picking up the gatorade bottles, the popsicle wrappers and turning tvs and video games off. I go grocery shopping on Fridays, and the snacks are almost demolished by Monday. Then, for the next four days I get to hear, "there's nothing here to eat!"

Braden's actually excited about going back to school. He's getting kind of bored with hanging around here every day. Sadly for him (and for me) it looks like the strike is on. I was telling him and some of his friends yesterday that they should organize a student picket line, to picket across the street from the teachers. The signs could read, "We want to go back to school", or, "couldn't you have worked this out months ago?". He doesn't think it's a good idea.

JJ's aunt (the one he visits when he goes to Philly) is coming up on Sunday for a little get-together. I've talked to her a couple of times on the phone, and she seems so nice. She keeps going on and on about how happy JJ seems now, and how much we mean to him, and she really would like to meet us. She's coming up with a couple of JJ's cousins...hopefully everything will run smoothly.

1 comment:

The Broards said...

Schell, You need to do something about the wonderful Braden being on your Screen name. I IMd you last night to chat and he said that he was on your SN. What if I had greeted you with "What's up Motherfucker?" Anyway he said he'd just gotten home from being with his girlfriend and other friend. and he "lmao"d a lot.
Can't he have his own SN? Oh, and does he open your mail--cause I was going to email you something