Thursday, August 17, 2006

"Guess it's over, call it a day. Sorry that it had to end this way..."

Well, it's over. I go back to work tomorrow. After two months off. (I feel like Blu, except for the exotic travel and drinks by the pool, being single and carefree parts.) I know people who work year round don't want to hear it. Keith's gloating. I'm kind of looking forward to going back. We built a brand new building and it will be exciting to be the first to use it. The old building we were in was horrible...buckets catching water when it rained. Some rooms were 110 degrees, while others were 50. No phones in the room. All of that will be changed this year. I can't wait to see the kids' faces when they come through the front doors on the first day of school. Most of these kids haven't had anything brand new in their lives.

We're going to go do some back-to-school shopping tonight, after JJ's football practice. Braden wants to get those god-awful tight jeans. Not only are they ugly, but they're expensive too. JJ wants sneakers and some new shirts. Braden got his new sneakers last week. Also, I have to make a trip to Staples to get the 1" binders and whatever else is on their school lists.

Tomorrow night, Keith and I have a wedding to go to. I bought these really wide, flarey black slacks to wear, and a cute white and black frilly blouse. I have to try the pants on today to see if I'll need new shoes or if the ones I have will work. Saturday, JJ has a scrimmage in the morning, then we have a picnic to go to. Sunday, I volunteered to work at the open house they're having at my school. While I would have worked anyway, the principal threw in four hours of comp time for anyone that offered to help out.

So far, the Children's Home still won't let Robert come and visit. Yesterday they told Keith it was out of their hands, but that's all they said. What the hell does that mean?

Oh, and I'm going to try to quit smoking....again. I LOVE SMOKING! But, I wish I didn't smoke. Hopefully, I wish it enough to quit. It will be nice to not smell like a cigarette, to not have to spend the money every week and, you know, to not die of lung cancer. I'll die of skin cancer instead, from laying out. In fact, I already told the kids that since today is my last day off, I'm doing nothing this afternoon except sit by the pool and read. We'll see if that actually happens.

5 comments:

The Broards said...

"I LOVE SMOKING!"

try saying that without your voice box

UrbanStarGazer said...

You and H both . . . he's still, 6 months later, on the Stage 1 patches.

He and I need to have a little confab.

Orbie/\;;/\ said...

good luck with the quitting smoking thing.

schell said...

ha!

Sonya said...

For the last four days, I've been trying to fit your lyrics for this post to the tune of "Sad Eyes" instead of the song they really belong to, which hit me when I was making dinner last night.