Saturday, July 02, 2011

Don't be ridiculous

So, last week I had a chat with Keith and told him how I was feeling, and that I didn't think I was going to be sticking around after Braden graduated. Not those words exactly, but that's the spark note version. His response....I'm probably depressed and should go to counseling. OK, whatever.
But, the other day I was coming home from work, and he was standing in the garage, right where I have to pull in. He was by the back wall, and just stood there while my car idled, waiting for him to move so I could park. He finally moved, and I parked. As I was getting out of my car, he said, "I thought I'd stay there in case you wanted to hit me." I said, "What are you talking about?" He said, "Well, that would be one less pain in your ass to deal with, right?" (I hate when he says things just because he wants me to say...no, no I would never want to get rid of you...I don't ever take that bait). So I said, "Don't be ridiculous. If I would have hit you, It wouldn't have been fatal, it probably would have just broken your legs then I'd have to take care of you all damn summer." He just looked at me, defeated, as I went in to the house.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

this makes me sad.

emma said...

Schell, I agree . . . You should go to counseling and you DO sound depressed. When's the last time you had a physical?
I'm not saying marriage counseling---but talk to someone solo. Think about it. Over the past few years you've had A LOT of shit to deal with. You're overwhelmed and with good reason. Talking to a health professional could do wonders.

Anonymous said...

You should talk to a counselor to get your head together, and then you should still probably leave. If you don't have your head somewhat together, you'll jump into another situation right away to distract yourself from the divorce. Also, I wouldn't take advice from that crazy bitch Emma. She's been long overdue for a divorce and a shrink herself.

MelissatheRagamuffin said...

God help me I agree with Emma. Regardless of whether or not you leave counseling is a good thing.

UrbanStarGazer said...

I agree with Emma -- doesn't mean you have to stay but at least if you go, you might leave feeling better?