Saturday, July 09, 2011

Felt up

My mom's birthday party went well last weekend. She was thrilled, and a lot of her friends showed up. One of them, a woman with Alzheimers who I saw just a couple of years ago, came. Her daughter brought her and I greeted them at the door. "Mom," the daughter said, "You remember Schelley?" The mom looked puzzled. The daughter continued, "She's Jane's oldest" She looked me over and said, "Schelley? Oh my, you've really shot up!" Like I went from age 5 to age 12. It was cute. But, when they were leaving, she hugged me goodbye, then said she liked the dress I was wearing. She reached out to touch the material, on my shoulder and said, "It's so nice and soft..." as she proceeded to carress the dress, moving her hand down until she was actually rubbing my boob. For a few seconds. Talk about uncomfortable. I said, "Whoa, Gladys, take it easy there. You didn't even kiss me." Her daughter laughed, but I could tell she was embarrassed.
Other than that, it's been a slow week. Today we're having Keith's family over for a cookout, and so far it seems like the weather will be beautiful. Thank goodness.

5 comments:

emma said...

ha!

emma said...

how you doin' schell?

schell said...

Fine, Emma. You?

emma said...

fine.you?

schell said...

Can't complain. Well, I could but I'm not going to. Glad you're fine.