Monday, November 29, 2010

One holiday down, another on the front

Aaah, Thanksgiving's over. It's great having everyone over.
Thursday went well...the kids from the Children's Home seemed to have a good time. They said it was their best Thanksgiving ever.
Yesterday I had my whole family for our "Thanksgiving dinner". Every family member was able to come this year, that hasn't happened in a while. And, for some strange reason, everyone that came brought pie. For dessert we had a pumpkin pie, a pecan pie, a sweet potato pie, 2 banana cream pies and a peanut butter pie. And cookies.
I cut my finger while peeling potatoes....it could have used some stitches, but I wasn't about to go to the hospital with a house full of guests. It bled almost all day. Oh well, I didn't really want stitches anyway.
Gio has court today. I think they're going to send him to another placement, for a while anyway. Unfortunately, he has a prior record, so he won't just get a slap on the wrist. I hope he doesn't have to go too long.
Everyone else is good. I guess it's time to get in the Christmas mode now. I'll probably decorate next weekend, and get a tree the week after that. And shopping...yuck, I don't even want to think about that. It might just turn out to be an all-online Christmas. The older I get, the less patience I have for crowds and lines.

3 comments:

emma said...

Schell, I kinda laughed about your cut . . . don't they have a cheapy med place out your way?
I had the same kind of accident you did when I was sixteen . . .I almost cute off the tip of my thumb peeling potatoes Christmas Day. I went to the er though. All these years later that thumb still feels odd

doreenmary said...

I'm in favor of shopping online. You can price comparison easily (Google Shopping) and so many places offer free shipping and discount codes.

I know it's probably politically incorrect, but my tree went up BEFORE Thanksgiving.

UrbanStarGazer said...

I've been doing my Xmas shopping online since around 1997. I love it. I usually make one trip to the mall for little things so I get some of the Xmas hubbub but without the stress of it being my "gotta get presents" trip.