Monday, October 12, 2009

Can't come up with a title

I had a jam-packed weekend.
Friends of ours have a son that started going to a private school in Wilkes Barre, so a bunch of us went up to watch him play. We tailgated before and after the game and had a nice time. It would have been a bit better if the weather would have been a bit warmer, and I could have done without the sprinkles on and off.
Yesterday we went to see Renee and the baby. He gets cuter every time I see him. I know I'm a bit biased, but he's just adorable. At one point, my ex-husband took Keith to his restaurant to get some wings....I would have loved to be a fly on the dashboard of that car. No, on second thought, I probably wouldn't have wanted to.
Thank goodness we're off school today. I have to put four hours in at Tristan's, then go grocery shopping, then I should have some time to tackle at least some of the things I didn't do over the weekend.
Oh, and a student threatened to kill me this week at school. Correction, the kid threatened to fucking kill me. He was smashing on a window, trying to get to me as I stood out in the hallway. Damn me for trying to make him follow a simple instruction like "stop talking". He hasn't come back to school since (2 days), but I'm not looking forward to tomorrow when I'm sure he'll walk through the doors.

7 comments:

emma said...

"Yesterday we went to see Renee and the baby. He gets cuter every time I see him. I know I'm a bit biased, but he's just adorable"
---

How about You must have been a beautiful baby, 'cause baby look at you now!"

emma said...

Oh, and I just can't believe the state of schools and the educational system in this day and age. A student threatened to fucking kill you and he's still breathing?????????
I could not imagine acting out to a teacher like that. What the fuck is wrong with these kids???

Jilly said...

yet another reason why i'm glad i'm not at work this year. i thouht having kids would make me more tolerant, but now i really just don't like other people's kids.

jilly

UrbanStarGazer said...

That's freaking scary. Are they going to do anything about it? Does he just get away with it?

schell said...

I made a formal request that he be moved to another class, but I was denied. I was told that I should stop redirecting him, to let someone else do it.

Bert Bananas said...

"I was told that I should stop redirecting him, to let someone else do it."

Hey, whoever says adults can be as stupid as the dumbest kid has been, again!, proven wrong.

But even though they're telling you not to do your job, at least they're still paying you as if you were doing your job. And as an added bonus you now get to feel shivers running up your spine when your back is turned to the young scholar.

Lucky you!

Anonymous said...

This is The Nagual speaking.

Say what you will about the corporal punishment in catholic schools but such things tend to really minimize that sort of stupidity.

Where I went to school the Brothers had a standing rule that if you really REALLY thought you wanted to fight one of them you could go down to the basement and put on the gloves and no matter what the outcome there would be no consequences (other than the beating). That simple rule served to separate the men from the boys and effectively eliminated the sort of delusional nonsense the public schools nurture.

Once when I had a bad hangover from sleeping on an island in the rain one of these Brothers said basically that he had had it with me and was ready to fight me. I told him to leave me alone because i was still drunk but he insisted so I tossed him around a little bit and shoved him under the floor mat of the gymn. He never said a word about it. In public school they would have sent me to GITMO and waterboarded me.

How is it that I had no idea you had an "ex-husband"?