Saturday, October 31, 2009

After months on the market, and about twenty showings, we still haven't had an offer on the house. On the advice of our realtor, we're going to take it off the market in November and relist it after the first of the year. People don't normally house shop during the holidays, he says. He also said we listed it at a good price...but I beg to differ.

This Friday is JJ's last football game. It's senior night and the parents walk out on the field with their sons and get a flower. I keep teasing JJ that when they say his name I'm going to give him a great big smooch on the cheek. He's strictly a "do not touch" kind of kid and he knows that with everyone watching he'll have to choice but to let me. I'm thinking of it as payback. Thursday night we're having a bonfire here for the team. They're so pumped up....last night we beat a team that's number two in the conference. We're going to finish the season with five, maybe six wins....that's three more wins than Nazareth has had since joining this conference fifteen years ago.

Braden is still excited about the dive team, and the coach told asked him, "Do you have springs in your legs? You're a natural." Braden replied, "No springs, but I do kind of jump around a lot" That's an understatement, in my opinion.

I have a frying pan that had burnt on peppers and onions in it, and I'm boiling it off in vinegar. It's an old trick tea lady used to use. It works like a charm, but my house stinks!

Well, that's all I got. If I didn't have kids I wouldn't have a thing to blog about this week!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can boil coke in a pan and it removes stains too and smells better

Rosary said...

Calm is a good thing.

emma said...

How is Tea Lady doing?

Sonya said...

I kind of like a vinegar smell. Sorry about your house, but maybe things will turn around after New Years? Hope so.

emma said...

you need mike aubrey and sabrina soto!

Anonymous said...

coke is way too expensive to use for removing burnt on peppers. Try a few joints in beer instead . That works too . And if that doesn't work drop some LSD and the burnt peppers will take on a new meaning .

allan

schell said...

Emma, Tea Lady is doing better than we expected. We'll see how she does with the Holidays coming up.
I wish Mike Aubrey and Sabrina Soto would come here!!! I've emailed HGTV several times.
Rosa, I'll gladly take calm, trust me.
Allan, did your tips come from Heloise?

Rosary said...

I think Allan's tips come from Hell.

UrbanStarGazer said...

Does it take off other stains too?

schell said...

It doesn't take off stains, it eats away at the crust that formed by the peppers sticking to the frying pan. But, it would remove any kind of crust...from meat or eggs, whatever. You know what I mean?

UrbanStarGazer said...

Yeah . . . I have one stainless steel pan that has some black crust on the bottom that I have scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed and now just looks like a stain. Maybe I'll try this.

Anonymous said...

This is The Nagual speaking.

When I played the football you know what the parents got??

JACK SQUAT!

If they were lucky I would line up all the parents of the whole team and headbutt them with my helmet on.

Vinegar will not remove blood stains.

The only way I can ever envision my discussing the variety of stains on my pans would be if I was planning on shooting myself and the gun jammed. I don't even know what sort of pans I own.

I did once use a wire brush wheel on a 4 1/2" angle grinder to clean my camping fry pan and coffee pot. Worked great.

That is all.

Anonymous said...

This is The Nagual again.

I believe boiling coke in a pan is called "making Crack"

Brenda said...

where are you schell?

UrbanStarGazer said...

Yeah, where are you?

UrbanStarGazer said...

I hope everything is okay. :-|

UrbanStarGazer said...

After months of seeing this post . . . I keep hoping for a new one.