Tuesday, August 04, 2009

"we are family"

I don't have a whole lot to report. My summer has been mostly uneventful...which is a good thing.

August looks to be a little busier. I'm having a semi-family reunion this Sunday...I hope the weather is nice so the kids can swim. My cousin is a great baker, and I'm looking forward to see what she'll bring.

Keith has been working on a big fund raiser for JJ's football team. They're having a concert in a couple of weeks with a Billy Joel and Bruce Springsteen cover band. It should be a fun night out. In between I'm filling in for someone in a bunco game, and having my bookgroup friends over for a ladies-only pool party.

I go back to work on the 18th... so my summer is practically over!

I had Brighton last weekend. He's such a cutie and he's very bright. We took him to a local carnival where his pop-pop (Keith) insisted on spoiling him with a pony ride. Brighton was less than thrilled with it. Here's a picture of the little guy (chewing on a page from his favorite book):

3 comments:

emma said...

Brighton may become a literary critic!

UrbanStarGazer said...

Or a bookie.

emma said...

lol!