Friday, August 14, 2009

boring, boring and more boring

I have been very remiss in blogging, I apologize. It's just that I don't have much to write about. My life isn't interesting to me, I'm sure it's not to you either.

I go back to work-work on Tuesday. Summer's over.....long sigh. And, our week of trainings seems like a month. Long and drawn out. Yuck!

Here's a cute story (well, I think it's cute), about Tristan (the autistic/MR boy I work with). Itmight be a little hard to relate, by typing, but I'll give it a shot.My supervisor and I have been giving him his yearly testing that's used to do his treatment plan. One of the things he had to do was say his first and last names. I've been working on this with him for months, so I thought he'd do well with it. He climbed on my lap,where he prefers to sit, and I said, "okay, buddy, what's your name?" "Tristan," he answered. "Good," I said, "Tristan what?" He just looked at me. I know he knows his last name, but he wouldn't say it. I kept saying "Tristan....." (Sort of like they do on password, when they want you to finish a phrase), finally he said "Guage"....which is his middle name. I chuckled a bit, since I'd never bothered to use his middle name. Then I said, "Tristan Guage......." and he said,"TRISTAN GUAGE KNOCK IT OFF!" Hahahaha, that must be what his mom says to him when he's up to no good. After I stopped laughing, I finally said, "Tristan Guage knock it off......" and he said, "Smith." So, he got full credit for that one!

3 comments:

UrbanStarGazer said...

I agree. Adorable. :)

emma said...

ditto....sometimes boring is good

Brenda said...

boring is better than drama.