Friday, March 27, 2009

sleep. hospital. weather. real estate. I've got it all!

What a week!
I'm so tired. It seems I can never get enough sleep. I even fell asleep during 30Rock last night.

My dad is in the hospital...again. He's been in at least six times since Thanksgiving. This time he has an infection in his lungs. Last time it was in his arm, where they have the port for dialysis. Apparently it moved to his lungs. They expect him to be okay, but he has to stay in there on IV antibiotics until it's completely gone. I feel so badly for him...he hates all this attention. He hates that we take time out of our schedules to go visit him. But, on the good side, he loves the food at this particular hospital. Brags about it all the time.

Let's see, do I have anything else to report? Not really. It's starting to warm up a bit here. It's in the 60's today. It was two weekends ago too...but then dropped back down to the 30's. I'm anxious to get the yard cleaned up and looking nice.

I'm also trying to talk Keith into putting the house up for sale. He wants to "hold on for one more year". I'm sick of holding on. I want to live again. Although, I don't want to do all the painting/fixing up we'd have to do to have our house on the market. I've watched too many episodes of Designed to Sell to not do some things. Things that are perfectly fine for us to live with, but not for perspective buyers.

2 comments:

Sonya said...

We sold our house and bought a different one--now we're in the inspection negotiation stage. Can't wait till it's over and I get to move. It took a good four weeks to get the house ready to sell. I've been watching the same shows you've been watching. We close at the end of April. So I'm sending warm real estate waves your way.

emma said...

Best wishes to your Dad