Friday, March 20, 2009

Isn't it ironic?

Sometimes the way businesses run just amaze me.
As I said, I sent out a bunch of letters regarding our mortgage. One of senators had me fill out a form saying they could contact Chase (the devil) on our behalf. We did that. They called the devil and sent them a letter, enclosing a copy of the letter I wrote.
I got a phone call yesterday from our contact at Chase. He said that they still couldn't do a loan modification for us, but they could do something. They said that if we pay only $x for the next three months ($400 short), at the end of the three month period they would reconsider and possibly we would qualify for the modification. I replied:
What about the balance for each of those months? (he said it would go into a suspended account)
Will Chase report the short payments to the credit bureau? (he said they're obligated to by law)
Will it negatively affect my credit rating? (he said of course)
Even though I'm paying the amount you're telling me to pay? (yes)
Can you assure me we'll get the modification? (no)
To sum it up, I said, you're giving me permission to short pay my mortgage, but you'll report the short payments, negatively affect our credit rating, and then MAYBE we'll get a lowered mortgage payment so we don't lose our house and ruin our credit? (yes)
I said, your bank has received over $25million in bail out money, yet you won't work with me unless I ruin my credit rating first? Even though the only thing I did wrong was get my mortgage through a crook who has been found guilty and is sitting in jail? He said, we have to make sure you're serious about this, not just looking for a lower payment.
I told him no thanks.

4 comments:

mavis sidebottom said...

that makes no sense at allm when I win the lottery I'll pay off your mortgage and get kieth a blow up doll who looks like you too

Anonymous said...

man, if you had that in writing, you could return it to your senator, and wtch the political hay fly.

emma said...

ditto what Urban said

Jilly said...

maybe you hould call a major newspaper and find someone to rant to? they're just looking for reasons to cuss out big companies that got bailout money AND they'd contact your senator too. there's this man at the washington post you contact for business issues and they harass the government and the business and then get back to you in print your answer.

jilly