Friday, October 31, 2008

"I shot the sheriff...."

The police came and picked up Renee yesterday. They were very cooperative. I know this has to be done, but there's no way I could be present when they came. The detective said she admitted to everything, and was scared, but very cooperative. Right now she's at the county prison. I thought maybe she'd call last night, but I would imagine she's very angry with me. Hopefully down the road she'll realize why we had to do what we did.
As long as we're pressing charges, the bank isn't going to hold us responsible for all that money. It will take a long time to get it back, but eventually we'll be able to recoup.
I'm taking a sick day today. I have to call Children and Youth, try to convince dipshit to let me have temporary custody, help said dipshit find a place to live, etc.
If we end up keeping the baby, I'm going to have to find out what kind of subsidies (?) there are are for childcare expenses, because there's no way I can afford it right now.
It's sad to say, but I slept better last night than I have in a while. I know that, at least for right now, everyone is safe. And that I won't wake up to find anything missing. That's awful, isn't it?

13 comments:

emma said...

Yes, it's awful, but it will get better

I admire your courage Schell.

Anonymous said...

Schell, it's hard, but you did what you had to do. Braden, JJ, and that cute little grandbaby need to be away from all that mess. It will get better.

We're all out here keeping you in our thoughts.

Sonya said...

It's awful you had to be put in that position. I'm thinking about you.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck Schell . You are a very strong person to be able to handle all that has been going on as well as you seem to be . I wont say everything will work out because who the hell knows but I do hope everything works out in the end.

Again good luck Schell, allan

mavis sidebottom said...

Good luck

Anonymous said...

Did Goofy-Dipshit enjoy any of the fruits of Renee's thefts?

It shouldn't be too hard for him to see the light about getting out of the way. Given the general impression that most of us have formed about young men that age, one would think that he'd be happy to move on with his life. If you can get him to sign away his parental rights, you shouldn't have any problem getting custody, with full rights to benefits.

Hey, once Pres. Obama gets a look at how cute your grandson is, you'll be rolling in redistributed wealth!

Ded said...

Schell, you have had a gut-wrenching time of it and yet still find space in your heart for your grandson. In time, more good things will come to the forefront.

Jilly said...

judging from what the kids i work with get, you are probably allowed to get food stamps for the baby's food, a small clothing allowance, day care expenses and some medical coverage via the federal government's children's plan. this process should be a little easier for you because you're already a foster parent, then again, grandparents have few inherent rights towards grandkids, but as long as dipshit gets to see the baby, he should be okay with you taking care of him. good luck, and i'm sorry you had to go through this all.

jilly

Orbie/\;;/\ said...

thoughts are with you Schell

vq said...

You're brave, Schell.

Jenny Robin said...

you are a rock--so very very strong

Brenda said...

stay strong. and remember we are all here to give you any support, as much as we can.

Clank Napper said...

Blimey Shell...when is anything good going to happen to you me old mucker?

Good luck with everything.