Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Shining, gleaming,streaming, flaxen, waxen




Well, I bit the bullet and got my hair cut short. I chose what I thought was a really nice cut. See the picture on the bottom.

What I got is something totally different. The back and sides are very much shorter, and the top is only about 2" long, where in the picture it's probably about 4" long. What I got looks like the picture on the top. Not that it's a horrible look, it's just nothing like what I wanted.



I spent last night crying and fuming. The worst part is it can't be fixed because she made it too short. It will take months before it's long enough to look even close to the picture.



Why do I have bad luck with hairdressers? This woman has been coloring my hair, and trimming it for about a year and always did a good job in the past.



At school today, one of the boys said, "Miss, you look like Halle Berre..." and while I was saying thank you, he added, " 's mom!" Nice

14 comments:

Jenny Robin said...

I can't see the pictures.

mavis sidebottom said...

neither can I but I commiserate Id rather have a broken leg than a bad hair cut

The Broards said...

no pictures

Anonymous said...

No pictures but your story reminds me of a haircut my mother got once,, I swear it looked like it had been cut with a weedwhacker. I went to Great Clips or someplace like that a few years ago simply to get my hair cut straight across. Well,, they cut a straight line,, but one side was about four inches longer than the other,,,, Luckily I have long hair, so getting it fixed simply required a cut at a different shop. Remind me to make a picture of my "fundy" hair,, which is really inertia hair.

schell said...

I don't know why the pictures won't show....you'll just have to use your imaginations!

Brenda said...

if you double click on the spots where the pictures should be something shows up.

Brenda said...

how about a picture of your head?

i was given a bad perm one time. that was really bad.

The Broards said...

"how about a picture of your head?"

--

Thank God you didn't type this on Bert's blog!

schell said...

There, I fixed them!

Anonymous said...

I've been fortunate in finally finding a good hairdresser. Right now, we're in the midst of letting my hair grow out-it used to be really, really short and is taking forever to get any length. I'm shooting for a midneck length=or I may shoot my hairdresser if it continues to aggravate me.

Anonymous said...

Best hair advise: find a male hairdresser.

Roger said...

I have absolutely nothing relevant to say about ladies' hair. However, you're stunning no matter the hairdo.

R

Catz said...

Which is Bert's blog?

Anonymous said...

i got a haicut about 2 weeks after i had the baby. the woman messed up my hair and i sat in the chair crying with odd hormone swings seething. i felt such a horrible rage and it took everything i had to not pick up something sharp and attack her. my guy was so confusd (poor man) and he was so happy after my hormones leveled out finally. it was stupid to feel that rage, and i hope i never feel it again. my skin was so hot, i felt like boiling water.

jilly