Saturday, October 07, 2006

"Wednesday at three I called the phone company, singin' hey baby put a phone in for me"

We went to get new cell phones last week. We switched to Cingular, the family plan. Radio Shack had a deal on phones, so that's where we went. BIG MISTAKE! There was only one person working and the whole process took only 3.5 hours! And then, when he had the phones all sitting on the counter, programmed and ready to go, he went to the back room to get the paperwork he printed, someone came in and swiped one of the phones. Right in front of us. Well, right in front of Keith. Braden, JJ and I were looking in another section of the store at remote control cars. So, we had to start all over again with the 4th phone. What a waste of a Sunday afternoon.

School is going well. We probably have the worst class in the whole building (barring the Conduct Disorder class). But, I really like the teacher I'm working with, and the staff in the neighboring classrooms too. They are a bunch of very funny people, and the day really flies. One of my kids told me earlier this week that "someone should punch me in the head and teach me a lesson". I just laughed and said if were that easy, my husband would have done it years ago. Sometimes, if I have to entertain them for a short period of time, I'll tell them my stories that I used to post here. Last week, I told them about being clothes-lined in 7th grade. I showed them a very geeky picture of me to go along with the story. One of my toughest kids looked at the picture and said, "Miss, if you would have taken those glasses off I'd have hit that." I looked at him and cleared my throat, and he said, "Sorry, I would have asked for your number." I said, "thank you, I think?"

Someone said, and I think it was Binx, that maybe things would change and JJ would like his teacher, and Braden would hate his. Well, it happened. Or, I should say it's happening. Thanks, Binx. Why couldn't you have predicted that they would both end up liking their teachers?

Today we're going to a picnic/party. It's a reunion of a softball league that used to play 25 years ago. I'm sure there will be lots of drunked men there, reliving their glory days. I'm also sure that Keith will be included in that bunch.

13 comments:

The Broards said...

What's your phone number? I'll call you---we'll do lunch

Anonymous said...

Emma, are you Cingular, too?

email me your number and I'll call and whisper smut in your delicate shell-like ear. Schell has a Schell-like ear.

Me bragging: I have Tree's cell number and I've often called her in the wee hours of the morning just to hear her voice mail message. The words are all business, but her voice is sensuousity itself. I burn within every time I listen to her message.

So now make me burn!

Oh, I have Schell's home number, too, but all she ever wants to talk about is Ricky.

The Broards said...

"email me your number and I'll call and whisper smut in your delicate shell-like ear."

Moosey, Just a sec--let me first clean out the waxy buildup and the blackheads lurking there

schell said...

Yes, if you put your ear up against my ear, you can hear the ocean.

schell said...

He already was kicked out of school, that's why he's at my school. It was his way of being nice, so yes, I said thank you. Trust me, there are a hundred other things he could have said that would be worse (and I've heard them all).

Anonymous said...

He wasn't just being nice; he was paying the highest compliment he could (at least in his eyes). It probably would have been a great moment to discuss appropriate times for such compliments :-)

Anonymous said...

let me get this straight, he gets kicked out of a school, comes to your school, can do anything he wants, to include telling the teacher that he would have fucked her if she had taken her glasses off, then, he graduates under more lenient standards and goes into the world believing that all he has to do is fuck up so he can have it easier, that is a good solid teaching theory, do him a favor, fill out his welfare application so at least the state worker can process the claim quicker.

Anonymous said...

Binx, I found your comment sexist, actually, and most definnitely stereotypical. I also found it condescending.

Anonymous said...

this reminds me of Dali's famous painting, Nude Condescending a Staircase.

The Broards said...

Rosa, that's Binx' modus operandi

Anonymous said...

the trouble is that binx tries to relate to women and minorities on levels that stopped working in 1972. I'm sure the old boy means well, but he is like that guy in the stephen king book that thinks eveything is spelled m-o-o-n. binx, master being a white male before trying to become a woman or a black gang member, or worse yet, a black woman gang member, peace out

Anonymous said...

Schell, post some pics of yourself, you are pretty hot

Anonymous said...

Like boys are the ones in need of cicilizing--or haven't you been watching and reading about the rise of violent incidences between young girls.