Monday, September 04, 2006

"But that doesn't mean my feet are too big for my bed..."

What a wet, soggy few days! Everything feels damp and sticky, except, of course, me. JJ's first football game was canceled, and both kids were in the house mostly non-stop.

The first week of school went fairly well. I think I'll like the teacher I'm working with, and the kids in my class aren't too bad...yet. There is this one 9th grader that still wears light-up sneakers that I'm a bit concerned about.

On Saturday night, we went out to dinner to one of those Hibachi grill places. The food was fantastic, but the guy who cooked at our table was like a wet rag. He seemed like he'd rather be anywhere else that in that restaurant. We went with the neighbors, and it was my idea...so I felt kind of badly about it. At least the food was good.

On Sunday, we went to an indoor laser tag/bowling alley/arcade place in the poconos. The kids had a great time, and so did I when I kicked everyone's butts in bowling. One of Braden's friends went along with us. He's my favorite of his friends, even though he's probably the nerdiest. This kid is a straight through high honor roll student, never swears or talks back...the exact opposite of Braden. I don't see why they're friends. But, even funnier, is watching him interact with JJ. It's like street vs prep school. But, they get along great. The kid's last name is pronounced Biss-e-oh, and JJ calls him Bitch-e-oh. The kid calls JJ, Gay-J. It's hysterical. Or maybe just to me.

I'm doing pretty well with the no smoking. I'm allowing myself four cigarettes a day. One in the morning, one after work, one after dinner and one before bed. Soon, I'm going to cut back to three, but I don't know when. I keep putting it off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what makes you think that Schell would want to lock Binx out, Iron?

Anonymous said...

Good, glad to hear things are going well for someone :-)

Anonymous said...

Since Mike's mother died, jerk, I would say things aren't at their best.