Sunday, December 19, 2010

We wish you a ..... bah humbug

I can't believe it's less than a week until Christmas. I have so much to do yet. Presents to buy, presents to wrap. Cleaning. Planning the Christmas day meal. Baking cookies. I'm hoping to get the bulk of the baking done today. Cutouts, choc chip and coconut cream cheese are on the agenda.
Gio has court tomorrow. I'm so nervous for him, that I'm practically sick. I've spoken to everyone that I could possibly think of. His Philadelphia PO, who has known Gio for years, agrees that instead of another placement, Gio's best shot at not becoming a high school drop out, felon is to come with us. She said she'll recommend it to the judge. I guess it's up to the judge. I have a letter from our school administrator, saying what a difference being part of our family has made in JJ's life. JJ said he'd go to court and talk to the judge, but that wasn't allowed. I have another letter from one of Gio's teachers saying he noticed a difference in Gio when he came to us, and how Gio avoids classroom drama, and so on..... Who knows what will happen. It will either be a wonderful, happy ride home from Philadelphia, or a miserable silent one. Keep your fingers crossed for Gio.

2 comments:

emma said...

Schell,
Good luck to Gio, and I hope you and your family have a good Christmas

UrbanStarGazer said...

All appendages crossed.