Monday, August 15, 2011

Work, books, physical

Well, the summer flew by. Staff started back to work today, so now my days won't be so painstakingly boring.
I just read a great book. Two actually. We had to read The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver for bookgroup. Wasn't looking forward to it, but I really liked it. I wanted to meet every character in it!
Then I read The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake. Great great great! I didn't want that one to be over.
I've been working out for about two months now. Last week I had to go for my two-year physical for work and the doctor said something to me no regular person, let alone doctor, ever said before...."Do you work out? Your stomach is really hard." I floated home from the appointment.
That's about it. Nothing exciting to report here.

1 comment:

vq said...

Oh, I LOVED the Lemon Cake book, Miss Abs of Steel. I wrote about it on my blog a few weeks ago. That was the first time I have really savored and enjoyed a book so much in a long time, and I hated for it to end, too.